Worldplus Gym Membership Rules (Serving also as consent to join the gym; member copy)
Article 1 (Objective)
The objective of the Worldplus Gym (hereinafter, referred to as “this club”) is to provide its facilities and services to its facility users in order to maintain and promote the health of its members (individuals or legal persons who observe the membership rules of this club and join this club) and improve the members’ skill.
Article 2 (Operation and Management)
This club is operated and managed by Worldplus Co., Ltd. whose address is Abeno Medix 5F, 1-2-7, Asahi-machi, Abeno-ku, Osaka 545-0051, Japan (hereinafter, referred to as the “headquarters”). Terms and conditions defined by the membership rules shall be applicable to all facilities of this club. Furthermore, if any questions arise about how to interpret the membership rules in Japanese and those in foreign languages, those in Japanese shall be regarded as authentic and apply to all the members of this club.
Article 3 (Membership System)
- This club shall be open to its members only.
- When our member is to use this club, he or she can access this club’s facilities he or she intends to uses with his or her fingerprint authentication and membership card.
Article 4 (Eligibility for Membership)
- If a person desires to join this club, he or she shall satisfy all the following items to be eligible for this club’s membership.
He or she shall:
- (1) Declare that he or she is in a good health condition which enables him or her to securely use this club’s facilities;
- (2) Consent to the membership rules;
- (3) Not be related to any gangsters;
- (4) Be a person who is not infected by contagious and other diseases which may be transmitted to, or infected by, other people; and
- (5) Be a person who can definitely promise that he or she will not expose his or her tattoos (including body paint).
- (6) Notwithstanding the above, if a person’s contract with this club based on the membership rules was cancelled by this club in the past, he or she may be requalified to be our member after this club has reviewed his or her case.
- Our member shall ensure that either one of the following acts will not be done by himself or herself or a third party
- (1) Making demands with violence;
- (2) Making unlawful demands that fall outside of legal obligations;
- (3) Using threats or violence in transactions; or
- (4) Spreading rumors, using deceits and/or force to damage this club's trust and credit, or to interfere with this club's business operation.
Article 5 (Admission Procedure)
- When you want to obtain admission to this club in writing at our stores, apply your membership through our prescribed application procedure, after this club has reviewed and approved your application, this club shall receive the copies of your identity verification information items such as your driver’s license and health insurance card for your identification to conclude our contract with you and you will be a member of this club. Furthermore, terms and conditions such as the date you start using this club shall be provided for in the attached use application form and you can select services you will use and fill in other required items there.
- If the application above is to be done through our website, it shall be deemed that your contract with this club is concluded when you have finished your application procedure at our website and you will be our member. After having finished your online membership application, you shall visit our store which you will join to follow our prescribed usage procedures.
- Even if you have applied for your membership of this club, in some case, you may not be able to obtain admission to this club as a result of this club’s review. This club’s review method, process and results shall not be disclosed.
- As a member of this club, at the time of your enrollment or, when you have applied your enrollment through our website, on your first visit to our store, when this club requests you to show your identification card and other information items to identify yourself, you shall respond to such a request with no delay. If you don’t respond to such a request, this club can prohibit you from using our facilities as a member of this club. Even in such a case, you as a member of this club shall pay charges defined in Article 8, paragraph (1).
- If you are under eighteen (18) years old and intend to join this club, except when permitted by this club, after having obtained the consent of your parent, you may apply for your membership of this club according to the prescribed application method. In this case, regardless of whether the parent is a member of this club or not, the parent shall jointly bear the responsibility as a member of this club under the membership rules with you. In addition, if you are under sixteen (16) years old and intend to join this club, it is necessary that your parent shall be a member of this club and consent to your application for your membership of this club.
- The above paragraph defined for those under eighteen years old shall apply mutatis mutandis to adult wards, warrantees and persons under assistance.
- You as a member of this club shall separately pay a charge of 1,100 yen (including tax) to issue your membership card if you use the Worldplus Gym’s facilities as a member of this club.
- If you, a member of this club, have lost your membership card of this club, you shall promptly notify this club of the loss. In this case, by any means, you shall visit this club’s store during this club’s reception hours and pay a fee of 1,100 yen (including tax) to reissue your membership card to receive your reissued membership card. After your membership card is reissued, the fee to reissue your membership card shall not be refunded in any circumstances.
Article 6 (Procedure for Application Content Change)
- As a member of this club, you must assure the correctness of what you have described in your membership application form and other contents you have notified to this club.
- This club shall take no responsibility for damage incurred by our members or third parties because such information items are incorrect.
- When what you have described in your membership application form and other contents you have notified to this club are changed, you as a member of this club shall follow this club’s change procedure in writing as soon as practicable.
- When this club needs to notify its members, such notification shall be deemed done so if this club sends its notifications to contact addresses notified by its members. Furthermore, if such notification is delayed or doesn’t reach to a member due to causes attributable to him or her such as his or her failure to notify to this club as described above, the notification shall be deemed delivered to him or her at the time when the notification should have normally reached to him or her.
Article 7 (Privacy Protection)
This club shall manage its members’ personal information items which this club owns, in accordance with the “Personal Information Protection Policy” which this club shall separately establish.
Article 8 (Payment of Membership Fees, etc.)
- Membership fees according to membership types shall be determined separately.
- As a member of this club, by your payment due date to be determined separately, you shall pay your fees by a method specified by this club according to your membership type you have applied.
- Regardless of whether how many times you have used this club, you shall pay your fee which you owe to this club under your contract with this club, and it is necessary for you to pay your fee up until you withdraw from this club.
- Once you have paid your membership fee, it shall not be refunded in any circumstances.
- If your membership fee is defaulted or cannot be withdrawn from your bank account, you cannot use this club until you pay your overdue membership fee.
- If you, a member of this club, fail to pay your membership fee, you shall pay the fee in accordance with the payment method which this club specifies. In so doing, you shall bear all costs such as late payment and bank charges by yourself.
- This club may take a legal action if you default on the payment of, or fail to pay, your membership fees and other charges.
Article 9 (Inheritance/Transfer of Membership Status)
Your status as a member of this club is a personal nature. Therefore, it cannot be either transferred to, or inherited by, other person.
Article 10 (Observance of Rules)
- When using this club’s facilities, a member of this club shall observe the membership rules and usage instructions provided for when he or she uses our equipment and other rules defined by this club, and he or she shall follow instructions given by the facility staff members of this club (hereinafter, referred to as the/our “facility staff members”).
- This club shall not be liable for any theft/loss, etc. incurred by you when you as a member of this club use this club.
- Regarding what you have forgotten when you used this club (your lost articles), if a period prescribed by this club has passed, it shall be deemed that you have resigned any and all rights of yours regarding your lost articles and you shall not object to how this club disposes of your lost articles. However, when there is a risk of safety and health issues such as rot, this club can dispose of your lost articles even though such a period has not passed.
- In this club’s facilities, in order to maintain environment where our members can use this club’s facilities safely and properly and for other reasons, cameras are installed around our entrance, reception and gym equipment and you as a member of this club shall use this club after having acknowledged this.
- As a member of this club, you shall refrain from using our facilities based on your self-management when you feel sick in light of your past clinical history and current health conditions.
Article 11 (Prohibited Matters)
As a member of this club, you shall not conduct the following acts within this club’s facilities and around this club’s facilities. In addition, if you don’t refrain from doing these prohibited matters, your usage of this club may be restricted or your membership for this club may be cancelled.
- (1) Defaming and slandering other members, our staff members and this club;
- (2) Acts of violence such as beating other members or our facility staff members, pushing their bodies or putting them under constraint;
- (3) Acts of making a loud or strange voice, Act of violent or sexual behavior against other members or our facility staff members or standing in the way of them, etc. and other intimidation/harassment;
- (4) Acts of making other members and our facility staff members fear such as throwing, destroying or hitting things;
- (5) Acts of destroying this club’s facilities/equipment/furniture, or violently handling or taking out this club’s fixtures;
- (6) Harassment such as ambushing, following or talking without good reason to other members or our facility staff members;
- (7) Use beyond time and quantity determined by this club (this club’s equipment, lockers, showers, towels provided, etc.);
- (8) Acts contrary to laws and regulations or against public order and morals such as molestation, peeping, exhibitionism and spitting;
- (9) Bringing dangerous materials such as cutting knives into this club’s hall.
- (10) Use of this club’s facilities by a member whom our facility staff member judges to be drunken;
- (11) Bringing large amount of money or expensive goods into our premises;
- (12) Acts of monopolizing this club’s facilities, equipment, etc. longer than time frames specified for them;
- (13) Acts of taking photos or recording in this club’s facilities without its permission;
- (14) Acts of using this club’s certification to invite a person who isn’t a member of this club;
- (15) For those minor members under eighteen years old, using this club’s facilities from 10 pm to early 5 am;
- (16) Hanging out, napping and sleeping in this club’s premises;
- (17) Solicitation, sales, religious acts and similar acts;
- (18) Acts of intentionally making noise or giving vibration such as dropping equipment on the floor;
- (19) Entering prohibited areas such as information and staff rooms;
- (20) Changing the settings of various equipment items (such as air conditioning, lighting and acoustics) with no permission;
- (21) Acts similar to recommending other members or our facility staff members and persons concerned to retire, offering job placement to them, or recruiting them;
- (22) Illegal acts other than those individually described above; and
- (23) Other acts which this club deems not appropriate as its members.
Article 12 (Exemption from Liability for Damage)
- When anyone of this club’s members uses exercise machines, etc. installed in this club, he or she shall follow their standard usage procedures and use them while fully taking into account his or her health condition, ability and other factors. If an accident happens to him or her when he or she uses such machines, etc., this club shall not take any responsibility for it, and he or she shall be solely responsible for it. However, the provision above shall not apply if this club is legally liable for such damage.
- This club takes no responsibility for your lost or stolen belongings and other damage to you when you use this club as a member.
- This club shall not be involved in or take responsibility for dispute or trouble occurred between members of this club (including third parties).
Article 13 (Member’s Liability for Damage)
If a member of this club, when he or she uses this club’s facilities, damages this club or other members or other third parties due to the reasons described below, he or she shall bear responsibility for the damage.
- (1) Cases where he or she did one or more of those prohibited matters defined in Article 11 and one or more of this club’s facilities are damaged or the usage of this club’s equipment is restricted;
- (2) Cases where he or she used this club’s facilities, etc. in a way other than those specified or instructed by this club;
- (3) Cases where he or she took away equipment items, towels, etc. provided by this club; or
- (4) Otherwise, cases where he or she intentionally or by negligence damages other members or this club.
Article 14 (Withdrawal)
- If you withdraw from this club due to your personal reasons, you can complete your withdrawal procedure by submitting a document prescribed by this club and filled in by you by the 15th day of a month which is one month before your withdrawal month. The member has an obligation to pay the expenses by the date of cancellation to the Club.
(If you submit your withdrawal notification in the period from the first to the fifteenth of a month, you can withdraw from this club on the last day of the next month, and if you submit your withdrawal notification in the period from the sixteenth to the last of a month, you can withdraw from this club on the last day of the month after the next).
- If you have joined this club with this club’s campaign plan such as the 5,980-yen (excluding tax) (6,570-yen (including tax)) plan, the condition applied to your joining this club is that you shall continue to use this club for the usage continuation period specified in the campaign plan, after this club’s usage fee service period ends, and therefore, you cannot prematurely cancel your contract.
Article 15 (Restriction/Prohibition on Facility Usage)
- If either one of the following items apply to a member of this club, this club can impose restriction or prohibition on his or her usage of this club’s facilities, or can cancel a contract with him or her immediately. Notwithstanding the above, even if this club imposes restriction or prohibition on his or her usage of this club’s facilities, he or she shall pay fees defined in Article 8, paragraph (1).
- (1) When it is found that he or she doesn’t satisfy the eligibility for membership defined in Article 4;
- (2) When he or she failed to comply with the membership rules and other rules established by this club;
- (3) After he or she has set his or her payment method or means, when the payment method or means are no longer available on his or her own responsivity;
- (4) When he or she fails to pay his or her membership fees for two months.
- (5) When there is a bankruptcy or civil rehabilitation petition against him or her; or when there is a request for his or her voluntary liquidation;
- (6) When it is found that he or she has one or more diseases which may cause symptoms such as muscle spasm, unconsciousness. etc.;
- (7) When it is found that he or she has a disease which may cause herd infection
- (8) When it is found that his or her doctor has imposed prohibition on his or her exercise, bathing, etc.;
- (9) When it is found that she is pregnant;
- (10) When he or she violates laws or regulations; or
- (11) Otherwise, when this club has found that he or she isn’t a member appropriate for this club.
- Even if he or she has incurred any damage because this club canceled a contract, which is based on the membership rules, with him or her in accordance with the paragraph above, this club shall not be liable for the damage.
Article 16 (Facility Shutdown and Closure)
- This club can set its regular holidays.
- When this club finds that to run its business is difficult or it should not run its business, this club can temporarily shutdown or close part or whole of its facilities.
- (1) When natural disasters, meteorological disasters, earthquakes or other force majeure have occurred or may occur;
- (2) When it is required to remodel, extend/renovate, repair, maintain or inspect one or more of this club’s facilities;
- (3) When a judgment is rendered, a law or a regulation is revised/abolished, or disposition (including adverse disposition) is imposed or orders, etc. are issued by an administrative agency.
- (4) When there is a significant change in social conditions or such a change may occur; or
- (5) Otherwise, when circumstances arise where it is operationally difficult to run this club or this club should not be run, or such circumstances may probably occur.
- If paragraph (2) above is applied, any obligation to pay charges to be borne by a member of this club shall not be reduced or exempted except as otherwise provided for by laws and regulations or granted by this club.
- If this club plans temporary shutdown or closure, this club will, in principle, notify its members of the temporary shutdown or closure no later than one month before the temporary shutdown or closure, as far as circumstances permit.
Article 17 (Dissolution)
- If there are unavoidable reasons, 3 month advance notice may be made so that this club can be dissolved.
- If reasons for this club’s dissolution are a natural disaster, earth shock, order or compulsory execution by a public authority, or otherwise force majeure, such advance notification may be made earlier than that defined in the paragraph above.
- Even if this club is dissolved, no special compensation shall be made to this club’s members.
Article 18 (Changes and Abolition of Charges, Scope of Use, Conditions and Operation Method)
If this club determines based on the membership rules that it is necessary to change or abolish its scope of use, conditions and facility operation system, this club can notify its members of such change or abolishment one month in advance in principle to change or abolish its scope of use, conditions and facility operation system,
Article 19 (Amendment of Membership Rules)
In principle, this club can amend the membership rules by notifying its members of such amendment. How to notify its members of such amendment shall be by posting such amendment on its homepage, such notification shall make such amended membership rules effective to all of its members and they shall accept such amendment in advance.
Article 20 (Notification Method)
A method to notify this club’s members shall be one to post its notification in its facilities and on its homepage, and it shall be deemed that once its notification is posted in its facilities and on its homepage, it is notified to all of its members.
Article 21 (Supplementary Provisions for Members Based on Corporate Membership Contracts)
- In addition to above, all of the following items shall apply to members based on corporate membership contracts between legal persons, etc. to which they belong and this club (hereinafter, referred to as “corporate contracts”).
- (1) Regarding Article 4 “Eligibility for Membership,” in addition to individual items in paragraph (1) of the Article, it shall be added that “If he or she belongs to a legal person, etc., the legal person, etc. shall have concluded a corporate contract with this club”
- (2) In addition to Article 18 “Changes and Abolition of Charges, Scope of Use, Conditions and Operation Method,” when charges are changed because a corporate contract is changed, the changed charges shall be observed.
Article 22 (Precautions When Joining This Club with the 5,980-Yen (excluding Tax) (6,570-Yen (including Tax)) Plan)
The membership privilege of the 5,980-yen (excluding tax) (6,570-yen (including tax)) plan is subject to the condition that you continue to use this club for no less than six (6) months after its usage fee service period ends, and therefore, if you withdraw from this club before this no less than six (6) month period expires, you shall pay your remaining membership fees as your penalty charges.
Article 23 (Recess)
- You can follow the procedures (refer to the following paragraphs) prescribed by this club to recess this club for a period of up to 6 months.
- For your recess application, you will fill in required subjects in a form prescribed by this club and submit it to the store you have joined, by the 9th of each month to complete your recess application and you can recess this club starting the 1st of the next month. We shall not accept your recess application if it is conveyed by telephone or verbally. You shall state the date when you rejoin this club (no later than six (6) months after you have started recessing this club) .
- If you recess this club, although you usually shall not have to pay your membership fee, you shall pay 1,100 yen (including tax) as your recess fee to continue your membership of this club. You cannot use this club during your recess period.
- You can restart using this club in your restart month described in your recess application form (on the date specified by you), and your regular membership fees will be billed automatically starting from your restart month. Furthermore, the amount equivalent to the recess fee paid by you shall be deducted from your regular membership fee for your restart month (if the amount equivalent to your recess fee which is deductible from your regular membership fee is more than the regular membership fee, this shall apply to your regular membership fee for the month next to the restart month). However, the amount to be deducted from your regular membership fee shall not exceed your monthly membership fee.
- If you fall under either one of the following categories, you cannot apply for your recess.
- (1) If you haven’t paid your membership fees; or
- (2) If you are in the usage fee service period applied when you have joined this club with the 5,980-yen (excluding tax) (6,570-yen (including tax)) plan or less than six (6) months have passed since the end of the usage fee service period.
- If you have a contract to use our locker, the contracted locker will be automatically cancelled when you apply for your recess, and therefore, you shall return the locker’s key. For your information, it may be possible that a contract locker is not available and cannot be secured when you restart using this club.
- If you are in your recess period and to follow the withdrawal procedure, you shall follow procedures similar to those defined in Article 14, Paragraph (1) of the membership rules, and settle your fee for the month when you withdraw from this club, with your regular membership fee applicable before your recess
Worldplus, Co., Ltd. (as of May 2022)